The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Trouble displaying boat speed from Signet sensor
11-21-18, 12:37 AM (This post was last modified: 11-21-18 01:51 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Trouble displaying boat speed from Signet sensor
My new i70s display and ITC-5 work perfectly with my new wind speed and direction sensor but when I wired my old Signet paddlewheel (M01530) self-powered boat speed sensor to the ITC-5 I just get blinking lights indicating no connection and no speed readout. The i70s search for sensors does not find the sensor. The sensor works fine with the old Signet Smartpac 175 and display it came with. The sensor has a red and a black wire and a shield wire. I've tried connecting the wires to the 3 speed sensor terminals in the ITC-5 with the shield in the middle silver spot, red to red and black on the other side (green) and every other permutation. Nothing. The sensor generates an AC signal proportional to speed 8 khz/knot and 1.4 vp-p/kt which I'm guessing means voltage out is also proportional to knots. Any helpful advice would sure be appreciated. I do have a new Airmar DST800 but I would have to haul out the boat and somehow enlarge the through-the-hull opening inorder to install it. In a similar post, the moderator suggested getting another ITC-5 but that had no effect. I've checked for a loose connection too.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Trouble displaying boat speed from Signet sensor - HKrausz - 11-21-18 12:37 AM