Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Trouble displaying boat speed from Signet sensor
12-04-18, 12:52 PM
RE: [CA11] Trouble displaying boat speed from Signet sensor
Here is the update regarding connecting Signet sensors to iTC-5. Good news is that the depth now shows correctly on the i70s display. There are 3 or 4 temperature leads from that sensor (Temp +, Temp -, ground, and "cutoff") and using temp - and ground leads to the temperature posts in the iTC-5 gives an incorrect temperature reading. I'll try other combinations next to see if I get a correct reading.

Nevertheless, by connecting temperature leads, the separate boat speed sensor now displays. Bad news is that it displays 0.0 all the time. I checked with Signet and am attaching the spec sheet. It puts out A/C voltage and frequency proportional to speed. Please let me know if you think this should be compatible. If not, perhaps there is a compatible speed transducer available somewhere that is 1 5/8" in diameter, not 2". I did confirm that the iTC-5 is working by hooking up the Airmar DST800 that came with my bundle and spinning the paddlewheel.

Thanks again for your help.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Trouble displaying boat speed from Signet sensor - HKrausz - 12-04-18 12:52 PM