Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] SeaTalk 1 to MNEA 2000 via ST70
03-26-19, 09:05 PM
RE: [TG11] SeaTalk 1 to MNEA 2000 via ST70
Hello Harald,

It sounds like you've been looking at the NMEA2000 traffic, which is great - is there any chance of posting some of the raw data that that we can what is and is not there and test for ourselves?

Are you absolutely sure there's no source of Variation on ST1? Some ST1 products could have either a manual variation configuration or calculate for themselves - I'm wondering whether the double-applied variation is happening in the E22158 as you suspect, or subsequently on ST1.
You don't have an MFD (e.g. C-series or E-series Classic or Widescreen) connected to ST1? If you did, you could use that to examine/record the ST1 traffic and post that back here. Let me know if you do and I'll give details.

Re. the date, again, I'm wondering whether it's that the E22158 isn't outputting date or whether there's something else with a higher priority that's explicitly transmitting 1997 on ST1. Usually, no data gives dashes ( -.- ), not an incorrect value.

To resolve either of these issues, I'd really need to see the raw hexadecimal data on either/both networks if you can get it. A Classic or Wide MFD can record either to its CompactFlash card slot.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] SeaTalk 1 to MNEA 2000 via ST70 - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-26-19 09:05 PM