The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Enabling accurate wind data
12-07-18, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-18 01:29 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Enabling accurate wind data
Hello,

I have a motor yacht with a Rotavecta wind transducer, i70, iTC5 converter, p70 display, EV-1, ACU-400, AIS, and e127 + e125 MFD. I would like to be able to get accurate wind data.

As of right now, it seems that I can get wind speed at the dock along with direction. Someone recommended getting the Wind Vane instead of the Rotavecta but they both seem to have the same feature set - wind speed and angle? Why would I want to switch to the Wind Vane transducer?

I would like to get somewhat accurate wind data while underway. It does not need to be perfect (I have a motor yacht not a sailing yacht) and I thought the system would be smart enough to be able to continue to calculate wind speed and angle while under way using the gps, autopilot sensor, etc but I could not get it to work. Based on some reading, I think that I need a paddle wheel transducer to enable accurate wind data while under way?

If so, do I simply get the ST69? Can it do temperature as well (something that I also wanted to add)? Where would it get wired into? Do I need any other devices or once I add that I should be all set?

Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Enabling accurate wind data - mystery - 12-07-18 12:31 PM