The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] More powerfull transducer for Axiom9
01-11-19, 08:59 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-19 08:24 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
More powerfull transducer for Axiom9
Hi

I have started to venture into deeper waters with my Axiom 9 with RV100 transducer. Up to 50m the chirp sonar works great. I have found anything over 60-70m I start losing a lot of definition in the bottom and by the time I hit 150m the bottom return becomes so weak, when in auto range mode, the unit starts changing the range to find a bottom reading again and a depth reading is no longer displayed at all, let alone possible fish returns. I have looked at the option of a second transducer such as the 600w Airmar transom 50/200 but believe the interface with a y cable to run both, i lose the chirp sonar channel from the rv100. Is this correct and if so is there some sort of switch where I can switch between the 2 transducers depending on the depth of water im in? Even better would be having a split screen of both transducers in action together. Upgrading to an external sounder module is out of the question as cost becomes prohibitive and I might as well ditch the axiom for an axiom pro. Any help is greatly appreciated. If it matters I’m located in Australia out of Cairns.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
More powerfull transducer for Axiom9 - Reverie - 01-11-19 08:59 PM