The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [[CA11] Axiom MFD with Camino-108 AIS
01-22-19, 01:06 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-19 02:28 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[[CA11] Axiom MFD with Camino-108 AIS
I am upgrading my Raymarine electronics, and I have successfully installed the Axiom 9. I already had an Amec Camino-108S AIS transceiver and I am trying to integrate it with the Axiom.

I setup an seatalkng backbone, on one end I have the E22158 Seatalkng <-> seatalk 1 converter. Axiom is connected to E22158 via an NMEA 2000 to seatalk cable. At the other end of the backbone (separated by a 9m backbone cable) I have the A06064 5-way seatalkng connector. Camino-108S is connected to A06064 via an NMEA 2000 to seatalkng cable. setalkng network is powered from A06064.

E22158 is not connected to seatalk1 (ST50 instrument set and ST4000+ autopilot) just yet as I am trying to get the AIS working set up first.

AIS is working but it seems to be intermittent, ships are identified but they start flashing/blinking pretty soon afterwards. This happens for all AIS targets (tens of them) so it clearly is not about a target moving out of range or disappearing.

Rebooting the Axiom brings the targets back but the same problem happens again soon afterwards. I can connect to Camino-108S from the USB with my computer and see the AIS targets are active and new position records are received regularly.

I am a bit puzzled on why this happens and how to proceed. I am running v3.8.97 on the Axiom. Any suggestions on how to fix it or troubleshoot it further?

P.S. On a side note, I want to make sure I powered setalkng properly. Power cable has three connections. Positive and negative are obvious but I wasn't sure about the third one. I presume it is ground. Since I don't have a separate DC ground on my boat, I connected it to negative wire as well. Is that correct?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[[CA11] Axiom MFD with Camino-108 AIS - Tenedos - 01-22-19 01:06 AM