Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer
12-10-19, 12:04 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-19 10:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer
Scott,

Q1. So if the p70s is connected to the course computer without the red wire how does it receive power since it is not connected to the backbone? Is how I have it noted correct?
A1. The diagram incorrectly shows that the power lead (red) of the SeaTalk cable connecting the autopilot course computer to the p70S should not be used ... in fact this lead will be connected to the red SeaTalk terminal of the autopilot course computer.

Q2. Are all connections noted correctly on the new diagram? Everything being added is in red.
A2. The spur that the SeaTalkng Power Cable connects too need to be closer to the midpoint of the backbone's LEN load. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q3. Regarding the ITC-5, I assume my diagram is correct in that it simply receives power from the backbone (does not need additional power)?
A3. The diagram is correct with regard to the iTC-5.

Q4. I spoke to Gemeco and they gave me info on what transducers will fit in my existing through hulls. The ones I have currently picked out are still the old analog version (which require the ITC-5). Since I am updating all of my electronics, does it make sense to switch to Smart Transducers or should I stick with this setup with analog and the ITC-5? It doesn't look like Raymarine has a smart wind vane anyways but wondered what your thoughts were on this.
A4. I would recommend proceeding with the analog transducers.

Q5. Regarding the ITC-5, does my rudder transducer for the S2 need to be routed to the ITC-5 or should it remain connected where it is....I assume that is the S2.
A5. For systems featuring an autopilot, the rudder reference transducer must be interfaced directly to the autopilots course computer / ACU.

Q6. Can the ITC-5 be mounted inside my nav station? It would be near my AIS700, Axiom7 and HS5. My VHF is located on the other side of the Nav station so it wouldn't be right next to that.
A6. Raymarine no requirements to the contrary for the installation location of the iTC-5.

Q7. Please see page 2 of the diagram, I noted removing the current power for the ST60 instruments. This is correct, right? Since I am powering the i70s' with the backbone.
A7. Yes.

Q8. Lastly, I want to make sure that I don't over load the backbone with devices that need power from the backbone. I heard there is a limit, is that correct? Just want to make sure my system as noted in the diagram is all good as far as this is concerned.
A8. This system is well under the maximum number of devices for a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. See my response to Q2 addressing where the power insertion spur should be located.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-10-19 12:04 PM