The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Displaying data about tank levels
05-05-16, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-19 08:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Displaying data about tank levels
My sailboat (on which I have installed Raymarine hardware) has two fuel tanks (diesel), two fresh water tanks, and one black water (holding) tank. I have recently installed four Maretron TLM100 tank level sensors, one one each of the fuel and fresh water tanks. I am able to display the tank levels of both fuel tanks (Fuel 1 and Fuel 2), but there appears to be only a single Fresh Water display.

First, and most importantly, please tell me whether the value displayed for Fresh Water means -- is it the percentage full of the lowest-numbered tank, the lowest-numbered instance of sender, an average of the two senders' values, or what?

Second, please consider this a formal request to at least double the number of fresh water tanks whose levels can be displayed, because I don't think I'm the only sailor with more than one fresh water tank.

Third, please consider allowing all tank volumes to be displayed in quantity units (gallons, liters, etc.), as well as in percentages.

Finally, please consider allowing we end users to re-label the displays of the various tanks. For example, if I were able to re-label the "Grey Water" tank display to "Fresh Water Port", I would not need the other changes as urgently.

Thanks,
Jim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Displaying data about tank levels - SheltieJim - 05-05-16 04:46 PM