The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[CA] [CA11] No wind speed
03-04-19, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-19 02:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] No wind speed
We have a very simple network which worked sufficiently for just under three years. One I-70, one chartplotter, one depth transducer Airmar, one wind vane/ananometer EE22078, on a backbone 5 way connector "hub".

When we returned to our boat the windspeed wasn't displaying, it just read 0.0. The wind direction was good. I contacted tech support and performed the troubleshooting for voltages and it seemed the ITC-5 was the issue so we replaced that. After a few factory resets during calls to Raymarine the windspeed started working again.

Two months later it began to fail intermittently again and the reset no longer fixed it. Three weeks ago while offshore it failed and has not worked since. The wind direction has also been unreliable, in that, it can be up to 90 degrees off and requires more frequent adjustment. I have had five local techs on the boat in Marathon FL. We have tried just replacing the masthead unit. Then replacing just the cable, then both, multiple recalibration, unplugging everything on the backbone individually....removing all power from the backbone and cleaning all the contacts and still no wind .....everyone seems to be at a loss.....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] No wind speed - SVkittyhawk - 03-04-19 12:50 PM
RE: [CA11] No wind speed - SVkittyhawk - 03-05-19, 11:07 AM
RE: [CA11] No wind speed - SVkittyhawk - 03-05-19, 05:09 PM
RE: [CA11] No wind speed - SVkittyhawk - 03-10-19, 03:14 PM
RE: [CA11] No wind speed - SVkittyhawk - 03-11-19, 08:30 AM