The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] E7 and furuno 588
03-18-19, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-19 10:36 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] E7 and furuno 588
Hi there. I have an e7 that I am using as a MFD for my boat. I have a Furuno fcv588 sonar and have a Navman 8120 that I use as my primary plotter / GPS. I have installed a N2K network that also has a 0183 to 2000 converter. All is working as it should. I can see all engine / fuel data, depth, water temp and speed on the e7 (nice!). The Furuno has a neat ‘mark’ feature that allows you to capture waypoints on interesting structure or shows. This also is successfully working as I have managed to feed the Furuno with GPS data from the e7 via the network. Now here comes the challenge! The Furuno is also able to export the waypoint data to the network and plot that waypoint on a plotter. The problem is that the format for the waypoint that Furuno uses is TLL and it seems that only Furuno plotters are able to accept this. Unfortunately my Navman is not able to accept any wpt input and so my question is whether there is anyway that the e7 would be able to accept this TLL input?
Hope I haven’t confused you all! :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[TG11] E7 and furuno 588 - Mim - 03-18-19 06:36 PM
RE: [TG11] E7 and furuno 588 - Mim - 03-20-19, 08:41 PM