Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] ST7002 Autopilot
03-25-19, 11:53 AM
RE: [DG11] ST7002 Autopilot
Hi Phmacneil

Thank you for your enquiry,

I have attached an FAQ detailing some fault analysis please click here which will go though checking the drive itself, its clutch and motor, the rudder reference unit and the output from the course computer to the drive.

The latitude setting will make no real difference to the general operation of the autopilot, it will reduce the amount of rudder applied on Northerly headings but you should still get a good response to the course change commands input by the control unit.

The source selection in the MFD is again not really relevant to the general operation of the autopilot, you should still have full control of the Autopilot from the control unit.

Your description indicates the rudder feedback unit is working correctly, you indicate the heading works correctly, (a simple test is to turn the wheel by hand and the rudder angle should follow the wheel and the compass heading should regularly and evenly swing through 360 degrees as the boat is slowly motored in a circle.

Selecting AUTO should result in the wheel appearing to be 'locked' as the clutch engages and the test described in the FAQ will indicate that the drive itself operates fine.

In which case, the computer must be at fault.

I am afraid we do not have a recognised Raymarine agent in the Bahamas that I am aware of.
Thanks
Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[DG11] ST7002 Autopilot - Phmacneil - 03-21-19, 07:08 AM
RE: [DG11] ST7002 Autopilot - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-25-19 11:53 AM