Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Cannot transfer routes from my Navionics Android app to the Axiom
03-29-19, 09:19 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-19 09:41 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Cannot transfer routes from my Navionics Android app to the Axiom
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jeffrey,

Please note that the Navionics Boating app is a third party product. Support for this third party product should be sought via is developer/owner ... Navionics (508-291-6000). This third party product has over the years intermittently supported operation with Raymarine MFDs and third party MFDs. Issues such as inability to reliably synchronize waypoints and routes as well as incomplete updates to nautical charts (in spite of the app notifying completion) were common. When the Navionics Boating app last functioned correctly with Raymarine MFDs running LightHouse II and LightHouse 3 software, the details for its use were documented within the FAQ found here. The most reliable means of waypoint/route transfer between Raymarine MFD's and navigational planning applications has proven to be via memory card, and in this case a memory card which has been populated with a GPX file containing the waypoints and routes to be transferred. Should continued issues with the Boating app persist, then it would be recommended that a computer based navigation planning app which supports saving waypoint/route data to a GPX file be used. At the time of this response, Navionics-UK had recommended Navigation Planner as it not only supports use of Navionics cartography, but also supports Raymarine MFD symbol sets. Others have indicated that they have also exported waypoint/route data from the Navionics Boating app to a .kml file and have then used kml to GPX conversion programs to produce a GPX file from the .kml file.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Cannot transfer routes from my Navionics Android app to the Axiom - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-29-19 09:19 AM