Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] Need to adjust Gain BUT...
04-08-19, 02:39 AM
RE: Need to adjust Gain BUT...
Hi Frank,

What's the reason why you need to adjust Gain on your pilot? The Evolution range don't have a fixed gain. Older or less intelligent pilots had a fixed rule that applied a certain amount of drive output in order to achieve a certain change in course without regard for whether that course change is upwind or down, up a wave or down into a hollow, and of course that means that sometimes they'll apply too little helm and sometimes too much. Instead, the Evo pilots steer like a human helmsperson does: they use their accelerometers and yaw-rate sensors to feel how the boat is moving in response to the helm and apply more helm or less from one moment to the next as required.

Usually, when people want to adjust gain on an Evo pilot it's because there's another problem: adjusting gain is only a workaround, not a true solution however. If you can let me know what the key problem is, I can recommend some more appropriate solutions.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Need to adjust Gain BUT... - Tie1on - 04-03-19, 08:57 AM
RE: Need to adjust Gain BUT... - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-08-19 02:39 AM