The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Axiom Pro S Depth Options
04-22-19, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-19 10:29 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Axiom Pro S Depth Options
I'm installing an Axiom Pro 9 S. This installation was discussed in detail with a Raymarine factory rep at a preseason West Marine event. The boat is a Catalina 30. I was informed the P79 E66008 with A80489 adapter cable would work. Based on the installation manual, and prior posts on this forum, it appears the Axiom Pro S will not work with a P79. My Axiom was purchased from Defender during their recent 4 day sale. It came with the A80464 Realview transducer. From what I’m reading, this transducer is also not compatible with my chartplotter. This makes no sense. Why would they include an incompatible transducer? Were there any changes that would makes these transducers compatible with the Axiom Pro S?

The boat has an Autohelm ST50 plus tridata depth/speed/temp unit. All I’m trying to get is depth on the Axiom. Will the P79 E66008 / A80489 work? Can I get the ST50 info to the Axiom? It doesn’t appear that a transom mount transducer would be an option. I really don't want to drill for a thru hull. Airmar shows a NMEA2K P79. Would that work with the associated backbone?

Any input/support would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[DG11] Axiom Pro S Depth Options - neflier - 04-22-19 06:54 PM