The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Hard over time question
05-12-19, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-19 09:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Hard over time question
I am in the process of replacing my 4000+ wheel pilot with Mark II wheel pilot (which worked fine) with a new wheel pilot, p70s , acu 100, and ev1 no rudder sensor for 35ft J-105 sport boat. Every thing tested out fine until I came to the point in the dockside set up to adjust hard-over-time. Boat is on land.
After positioning the wheel to full port and pushing the +1 and +10 buttons the wheel would start to turn with hesitant jerky movement then stop about 1/2 way around. Wheel has about 1 1/4 turns stop to stop.
It should be noted that this boat's wheel has flat spokes for which I had to fabricate some custom wheel clamps.. Wheel turns very smoothly when pilot is unclamped though tension on the wheelpilot may be very slightly less than perfect due to the custom mounts.
Question is is this movement normal and how do I estimate HO time.
Also, can this be a problem with belt tension? or wheel pilot mounting?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Hard over time question - riclevitt - 05-12-19 01:31 PM