The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 9 Cannot Find RX-100 Transducer
05-18-19, 03:23 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-19 08:43 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom 9 Cannot Find RX-100 Transducer
Hi, I purchased an Axiom 9 with RV-100 transducer in October 2017. The product should accordingly be under your standard 2 year warranty.

Earlier this week, the MFD would not recognise the transducer. When I attempted to launch the usual sonar screens, a message stating "No transducer connected Connect a transducer and restart the unit." would be displayed.

I shut down the unit, removed and restarted the transducer plug and everything seemed to work for a while. However, subsequently, the unit would again not recognise the transducer and the same error message would appear. Unplugging and re connecting the transducer has no effect.

Following a suggestion on your support forum, I have tried performing a factory reset of the unit. But unfortunately, this also did not work.

Could you please advise whether there is anything else I can try? And if not, will I need to send in both the MFD and the transducer or will just sending in the transducer would suffice. The MFD also provides Radar, Chart plotter and other functionalities all of which appear to be functioning normally, so it would be disruptive to remove the entire unit.

In either event, could you please let me know how best to go about sending in the defective component(s)?

I am currently located in Singapore. The local agent has informed me that they will charge a very significant fee (about half the cost of the transducer) just to send in the transducer for an in-warranty claim. In the premises, it would seem that I am obliged to make my own alternative arrangements.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Axiom 9 Cannot Find RX-100 Transducer - efish - 05-18-19 03:23 AM