Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] AIS 650 stops displaying targets
07-17-19, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-19 05:08 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] AIS 650 stops displaying targets
Hi Tom,

I am experiencing the same with a new AIS 700, installed last April. I have used it two times in May and it was receiving AIS data and sending our own data.

Than, during our holiday a few weeks ago I wanted to use it during a crossing no AIS data was sent or received. The status LED was fine (green). I updated to the most recent firmware versions but this did not help. When looking at NMEA 0183 data, available through a ShipModul multiplexer, no AIS sentences showed up.

To diagnose the problem I connected my laptop to the USB port and at that moment instantly AIS signals were received again. Further investigating this showed that when just providing the USB port power through a powerbank makes it working fine, AIS data is received and sent. I have had this enabled a whole day. As soon as the USB power is disconnected the AIS data stops, reconnecting the USB power enabled it again. I checked the 'normal' power and that is over 13V.

So it seems I am experiencing the same problem as you described but initially the AIS700 worked without the 'auxiliary' USB power.

Can you pass this on to the engineers which investigate this issue, that just providing additional USB power makes the AIS700 operational?

Thanks, Regards,
Kees.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] AIS 650 stops displaying targets - koskam - 07-17-19 02:31 PM