The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] DSC/GPS Radio Connections from Axiom 7
06-01-19, 11:07 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-19 09:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] DSC/GPS Radio Connections from Axiom 7
Hi there. I've read a few older threads on this subject but still a bit confused.
Can someone clarify if my understanding is correct or if there is another alternative.

I'm updating my Raymarine E7 to an Axiom 7. With my current E7 configuration, I'm using the SeaTalk - STNG - Converter (E22158) to connect to older ST60 wind, speed and depth instruments. Also have an older Standard Horizon Matrix with DSC connected via the NMEA-0183 out on the E7. The radio does not have AIS.

I understand the Axiom 7 does not have a NMEA-0183 interface. To interface with the legacy Standard Horizon, is it necessary install a NMEA 0183 to SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 data bridging device (ex. Actisense NGW-1-ISO-STNG).

Does all of this still apply or is there another alternative short of upgrading the radio. Is the Actisense NGW-1-ISO-STNG still the best solution or are there any other products or workarounds.

Advice appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] DSC/GPS Radio Connections from Axiom 7 - Sailormannn - 06-01-19 11:07 AM