The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Integrating legacy Seatalk devices
06-03-19, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-19 09:53 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Integrating legacy Seatalk devices
See the attached schematics which I've tried to capture everything in my new system after adding 2 Axiom Pro mfd's, AR200 unit, several IP cameras and a Quantum 2 radar. I added two Seatalk to SeatalkNG converters to my network with one being dedicated to the 400G autopilot and the other for my ST60 depth gauge. Everything in the pilothouse is working fine but none of the 3 seatalk devices on the flybridge (namely rudder angle indicator, wireless autopilot remote and autopilot receiver) is working.

There is a rudder indicator wired directly to the 400G autopilot and this works fine. The signal is being sent throughout the network as both mfd's properly show the rudder movement.

I've tried connecting the sea talk cable from the flybridge to the ST60 depth gauge (#1 on schematic highlighted in green) but this doesn't power the devices on the flybridge and stops the depth gauge from working.

I also tried connecting the flybridge sea talk cable to the autopilot network branch (#2 on schematic highlighted in green) but this stopped the ST6001 control unit from working.

How should I connect the flybridge seatalk devices to the network? Do I need another Seatalk to SeatalkNG converter to feed the flybridge devices into?

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Pilothouse schematic.pdf (Size: 713.07 KB / Downloads: 275)
.pdf  Flybridge schematic.pdf (Size: 349.59 KB / Downloads: 244)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[TG11] Integrating legacy Seatalk devices - Wdeertz - 06-03-19 08:09 PM