The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrading my boat's navigation and entertainment systems
06-07-19, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-19 02:14 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Upgrading my boat's navigation and entertainment systems
I have a 1982 Hershine twin engine diesel trawler that's in great shape mechanically and cosmetically.

Electronics are a hodge podge of mostly obsolete, disjointed items, though I have almost every system on board.

The main chartplotter is a Raymarine SL70C Radar, without a transducer or radar hooked up. All I can see is the external GPS antenna (on the fly bridge) hooked up.

The radar, which works intermittently, is an old Raytheon Mariners Finder 2800 with a rotationg antenna on the mast.

The radio and separate depth Sounder are quite old, but functional too. And I have a fish finder on the fly bridge which does not work at all.

There is an old TV/DVD player, very poor quality speakers and a Sony stereo receiver. None of these talk to each other. Everything is separate.

I'd love to build a brand new system with Seatalk ng, but without breaking the bank. It seems like I need a nice sonar and need advise on the transducers. I'm thinking about starting with the Axiom 7 rv, with the Raymarine seatalk ng starter kit.

The boat has two helms, in the salon and the fly bridge. I'd like Nav, depth, music, maybe Video and a rear camera or three at each station.

Please recommend a full set of parts
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Upgrading my boat's navigation and entertainment systems - DieselTrawler - 06-07-19 09:51 AM