Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] ACU-150 & EV-1 Location & Questions
06-12-19, 02:17 AM
RE: ACU-150 & EV-1 Location & Questions
Hello kingspade,

I'm sorry to say that we, as the manufacturer, can't give you any other answer than that that product must not be mounted in an engine-room or similar. We have a legal responsibility and duty-of-care to make this clear.

To answer your question: the ACU150 in particular is switching large amounts of current, and neither is in an intrinsically-safe enclosure. That makes them a potential ignition source. Of course they ought not to spark, but then every airline crash and every boat fire is as a result of something that wasn't supposed to happen. You can't afford to talk about what's likely but what's possible when considering fuel vapour fires...

I would never install any product marked like this in an engine-room on my boat.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ACU-150 & EV-1 Location & Questions - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-12-19 02:17 AM