The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] Operation and functionality of p70s
07-01-19, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-19 12:35 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Operation and functionality of p70s
I have now used my P70S autopilot controller for 6 months or so.

I would like to point out some problems I have identified, especially compared to the ST6002 controller that I have used for more than 10 years.

My opinion is that the operation and functionality of P70S is not as good as the ST6002, the problems are related to the buttom design and layout.

1. it is only possible to activate each button on a very small area at the center of each button, i.e. if you push on the up/down arrow nothing will happen and you need to move your finger to the center of the button. It is also difficult to push the very narrow buttons with gloves on.

2. If you dim the LCD display the light also dims in the buttons, they become so weak that you can't read them when its dark. All the buttons have the same shape so you need to memorize where each button is located.

3. The STBY button is the same as the one for dimming the display. This means if you run on autopilot or are tracking to a point, you need to steer manually while changing the brightness of the LCD.

It seems like design has been chosen over functionality and I find it a little disappointing that a company like Raymarine has been willing to make such sacrifices. I often wish I had kept my old ST6002 where these problems were none existing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Operation and functionality of p70s - Maxim! - 07-01-19 12:02 PM