The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] S100 Base Station - no link
07-02-19, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-19 04:34 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
S100 Base Station - no link
I have an S100 remote and companion base station that is infrequently, but reliably used over the last 7 years (about once annually). I tried it this weekend and the controller says 'searching for network'/no link/no pilot. I replaced batteries, ran self-test (passed) and repeated. Still no luck. I confirmed that the base station has 12V power via multi-meter on the red and black sea-talk connector slots. So questions:

1) Anything else to do? I don't see another way to test the base station. I couldn't tell if there were supposed to be any visible led's on it.

2) Does Raymarine still benchtest/service these units?

3) What cost for above? Given limited use, it's probably not worth it to me if it is expensive, but if I have a reasonable path to a resolution I'd love not to have dead equipment on board.

Thanks for any info/help.

Also...apologize for repeat. I believe I posted this yesterday, but see no trace of the original post.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
S100 Base Station - no link - taitelh - 07-02-19 12:08 PM