The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] Connecting instrument displays / transducer selection
07-10-19, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-19 01:53 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Connecting instrument displays / transducer selection
As part of a full electronics upgrade, I plan to install two i60 wind and three i70s displays (in addition to Axiom and Quantum2). I believe the i60's (and the older i70) have two SeaTalkNG connections and can be daisy-chained from one to another. Is that still correct? It looks like the newer i70s displays have only a single SeaTalkNG plug, so daisy-chaining isn't possible, and each i70s will require its own spur cable connected to the N2K backbone, is that right?

Is there any plan to offer the i60 and i70s with standard devicenet connectors instead of SeaTalkNG (like the Axiom units), or will they remain SeaTalkNG going forward? Assuming they are still SeaTalkNG, what is the correct adapter cable to connect an i70s to a devicenet (backbone) tee? A06045?

Finally, I'd like to have separate transducers for depth and speed (rather than a triducer). Does Rayamarine offer "smart" versions that connect directly to the N2K network, or do I have to go with the older style analog transducers and a converter? If so, which ones?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Connecting instrument displays / transducer selection - jetx - 07-10-19 11:00 AM