The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Interfacing Axiom 9 with old products (240 VHF/DSC and Tridata)
07-10-19, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-19 02:17 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Interfacing Axiom 9 with old products (240 VHF/DSC and Tridata)
I have decided to upgrade my current very old GPS chart plotter (Garmin GPSMap 520) with a refurbished Axiom 9 MFD whilst keeping the rest of my Raymarine kit at the helm. However I am a little confused on what is required in the way cables and connectors due to the different connections involved (NMEA 0183, SeaTalk and SeaTalkng).

For the Axiom to 240 VHF connection I believe I should use the E70196 VHF NMEA 0183 to STng Converter Kit to supply the GPS data from the Axiom to the 240 VHF for the position input required for DSC. I will also require an A06045 Female DeviceNet to STng cable for the MFD end.

For the Tridata (with Speed and depth transducers connected), I should use the E22158 SeaTalk1 & SeaTalkng converter kit. Will this setup will also supply power from the backbone to tridata and tranducers or will the tridata unit still require its own independent power source.

Connecting the two above converters with STng backbone cable.

Can you confirm the above please.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[DG11] Interfacing Axiom 9 with old products (240 VHF/DSC and Tridata) - ktallent - 07-10-19 01:02 PM