The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] autopilot active when set from control not from MFD.
07-16-19, 10:17 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-19 09:54 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] autopilot active when set from control not from MFD.
So,

Sailing across the ocean in twelve to fifteens, setting autopilot direction from autopilot control the pilot will fight like [censored] and maintain direction even after 50 kt winds drag you a bit off. setting direction from new Raymarine MFD and after probably a 10 degree knock off the autopilot gives it up and displays something like autopilot not connected and starts to beep. After a few bruises and making it back to the helm of the sailboat, fighting the wheel to counter and resetting direction through the autopilot control itself everything is fine again. Is there is setting on the new Lighthouse MFD'S that tell it to hang in the fight a little longer and not just give up??

Thank's for the help, my body thanks you if ever caught out again for a couple days on passage.

Before anybody asks, the autopilot and autopilot control are original to the 2004 vessel and I'm currently 1500 miles away from them. The MFD is a 2017 E 9.5 inch, the autopilot I believe is an ST6001+ and the separate autopilot control I believe is a 70 series.

Thanks for the help about to do another few thousand miles and would like to be able to trust direction setting from the MFD without getting tossed across the boat.

Chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[TG11] autopilot active when set from control not from MFD. - Skipperc - 07-16-19 10:17 PM