The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] AIS 700 with C80 and USB PC laptop connection.
07-18-19, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-19 10:16 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] AIS 700 with C80 and USB PC laptop connection.
Hi. I just recently purchased an AIS 700. I previously owned an AIS 500 that worked flawlessly together with my C80 MFD and a PC with the COM port connection until the 500 suddenly decided to give up permanently. OK so life goes on and as I need the multiplexer function to connect my S3G autopilot heading datat (4800 baud) to the C80 I opted for the new Raymarine 700 with the SOTDMA protocol. Done deal. I connect the new AIS 700 exactly the same way as the 500 and with an USB cable to the PC. I program the AIS with all required data and everything seems to work perfect. That is until I shut off the PC! Then I lose a lot of targets on the C80, targets come and go and most of them display only the MMSI number. I may see some targets in a far distance but not the one just close ahed of me. As soon as I switch on the PC again everything goes back to normal on the C80. I don't need to start the ProAIS software or anything, just start the PC so the USB connection gets power. I have tried to disconnect cables, reprogrammed the AIS 700 but nothing helps. To see all AIS targetsI I need to constantly have the PC in sleep mood to "activate" the USB port. This is most annoying. We are currently on a circumnavigation and need to resolve this problem. Please assist.
Sincerely,
Lars Hellman
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[DG11] AIS 700 with C80 and USB PC laptop connection. - marlahe - 07-18-19 02:19 PM