The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Backward compatibility
07-28-19, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-19 09:12 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Backward compatibility
Hi,
I have just bought a sailboat with different Raymarine equipment onboard. Most of them installed in 2011.
* C90W chart plotter
* ST70 instruments (4x)
* Wind sensor
* Depth/log/temp sensor
* Fluxgate compass
* Smartpilot X30
* AIS650 (new 2018)

I believe that an authorised Raymarine company did some system upgrade in 2018. The boat has now the SealkNG network to all equipment.

I have bought an upgrade of the C90W which is an Axiom 9 MFD. I have upgraded the Axiom with latest SW. The C90W has been replaced.

But connecting the Axiom to the network did not go as well as I was told by the salesman of the Raymarine equipment.

I got the depth measurements and AIS information up all right.

But the Axiom MFD then took the heading from what I assumed to be the fluxgate compass and when I tried to manually set heading source in the MFD I got an error message stating that “manual selecting source of heading is not supported while the following devices are on the network:
E22158 Seatalk STNG converter .....”

Q1: I assume that the FW of the old instruments has to be updated to be compatible with the Axiom MFD Lighthouse III SW ?

Q2: Can you give me a link to a procedure (or other) which states how to upgrade (SW/FW) an older system to work with new Axiom MFD ?

Q3: Can you provide me with a link to a easy-to-follow procedure (or other) to commission the different sensors and autopilot in my system ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Backward compatibility - Seacat69 - 07-28-19 01:24 PM