The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] iTC-5 not MDS compatible?
07-31-19, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-19 09:47 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] iTC-5 not MDS compatible?
I have an iTC-5 with a paddlewheel speed transducer and Rotavecta wind indicator. Also in the system is an EV-1, ACU-150, i70 and p70 and an Axiom12. All have the latest software updates and have done the Factory Reset.

The i70 and p70 are reluctant to let me select the iTC-5 as the speed source, I get a warning that the EV-1 will not like this. In the Setup>Datasource>Speed menu the iTC-5 appears and there is a checkbox for it, however it does not stick on the i70, unless I do this while the autopilot power is shut off (powers the ACU-150 but not the EV-1). Then I can see paddlewheel speed on the i70. If I select "Auto" I cannot, nor will the p70 correctly display apparent wind speed.

The Axiom 12 gives warnings about the iTC-5 if data sources are queried, saying the iTC-5 is incompatible and to consult the manual (which has no information related). In fact a couple of attempts to query this usually results in the Axiom spontaneously resetting itself. A result of this is that the Axiom has no speed data at all, and tides are always indicated with a drift equal to SOG. This didn't happen on LH3.9 but does now on LH3.10.

The iTC-5 isn't new, but it is current product and the only way to use a Rotavecta, also current product. Please tell me how to configure this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] iTC-5 not MDS compatible? - jfitch - 07-31-19 04:55 PM