The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] RD418HD Antenna Not Rotating
08-14-19, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-19 09:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] RD418HD Antenna Not Rotating
I've got a 7 year old RD418HD radome (it says "HD Digital" on it) paired with a C120W of the same vintage on my sailboat.

About a week ago, after no recent electrical or electronic modifications, I started getting a "SCANNER STANDBY Antenna Not Rotating" message. A restart of the scanner... by selecting "Scanner off," waiting for the cool down, then selecting "Scanner on" on my MFD, reset the problem on multiple occasions.

Now the issue won't go away with a reset. The issue seems to be regardless of voltage level of my boat's batteries (ie. the issue is duplicated both during battery discharge and when the shore power charger is in absorption). The radar had worked fine several times since the most recent winter storage season.

Are there any user serviceable parts or actions I can take inside the radome, such as a drive belt replacement or cleaning, that I can do from a bosun's chair, or at least without shipping it somewhere?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] RD418HD Antenna Not Rotating - boilerfan1999 - 08-14-19 12:01 PM