Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] AIS650 Not recognized on network
09-11-19, 02:09 AM
RE: AIS650 Not recognized on network
Hello John,

I'll go through your several questions one at a time:

Quote: Can the MFD be configured to control the Smart Pilot X30 and if so how do I do so?
The Axiom's Lighthouse 3 software only directly controls the current Evolution pilots. Since they've been out for around 7 years now, we decided that it wasn't the most appropriate use of development resources to put a lot of time into giving control of older pilots as well.

Quote:AIS650 is not showing up on the Axiom
When you say not showing up: how do you define that, where have you looked? Is the AIS650 listed in Home > Settings > Network > Diagnostics > Product Info? If not, you have a networking problem. If it is, the AIS is talking to the MFD but you either don't have any AIS traffic data or the display is simply not configured to show it.

Quote: Would the lack of an MMSI number prevent the AIS650 from receiving reports?
No, the AIS will receive without, but must have an MMSI in order to transmit.

Quote:The Statistics window shows 0 received and 0 transmitted messages on both a & b channels
I would guess that you have a problem with your switch, antenna cabling or similar, or perhaps the antenna is narrowly-tuned to the VHF band and isn't sensitive at the AIS band.

Quote:I also attempted to update proAIS2 to the latest version which failed. Attached is a screenshot of the error message
What's in your screenshot isn't an update for ProAIS2, it's an update for the AIS650 (which is failing to install because of a connection problem at that moment between the AIS and PC.) The problems you're describing aren't caused by either ProAIS2 or AIS650 software though, so I wouldn't focus on that just at the moment.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: AIS650 Not recognized on network - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-11-19 02:09 AM