The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] VHF static
09-17-19, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-19 10:07 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] VHF static
I've been troubleshooting a problem where I get static and interference on my VHF radios, and think I have isolated the culprit to the radar. I seem to get the interference when my radar is in standby mode, but it goes away when the radar is transmitting. Any thoughts on what is happening, and how to eliminate the static?

I have checked and am running the latest software on the MFD and all other devices. Currently using LH3 v3.10.42 - Bermuda.

I had this same problem before upgrading this year from my eS127 and es97 MFDs that were running LH2, but didn't observe the Tx versus STBY issue until now.

I currently have a system consisting of Axiom Pro 12, Axiom Pro 9,
RD424 HD digital Radar
CP470 CHIRP Sonar
SR150 Sirius XM Weather Receiver
AIS700 Class B Tranceiver
HS5 network switch

Radios are Lowrance Link-5 and Standard Horizon GX2150; each connected via NMEA 0183; one to each MFD. Each radio is connected to a digital 529 VW antenna, one of which goes through the AIS700 internal antenna splitter. Swapping which radio is connected through the splitter does not affect the symptoms in any way. I hear the static on both radios; more on some VHF channels than others.

Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] VHF static - striperstan - 09-17-19 09:37 AM
RE: [CA11] VHF static - striperstan - 09-19-19, 06:00 AM