Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] SXM Weather for network of eS9x MFD's
10-04-19, 10:28 AM
RE: [CA11] SXM Weather for network of eS9x MFD's
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Chad,

Unfortunately, the SR200 is indeed not compatible with eS/gS-Series MFDs and the MFD designs which preceded them. However, I see no reason why one should hesitate to install a SR150 (should one be able to locate one) for use with this system. I have used a SR100 (a 15-year old design) successfully with my own system of MFDs running LightHouse II software for many years now. Raymarine's MFDs are not NMEA 2000-based SiriusXM satellite weather receivers. As far as replacing a one of the MFDs with an Axiom MFD, it is indeed possible to do so. However, while there will likely be one more release of LightHouse 3 software for eS/gS-Series MFDs (LH3 v3.11.x), no further software updates are expected for eS/gS-Series MFDs beyond this release. The following additional consideration should be considered:
- Axiom MFDs do not feature a NMEA 0183 communications interface ... workaround: use a NMEA 2000 to NMEA 0183 data bridging device
- Axiom MFDs do not feature an analog video interface ... workaround: install a video encoder
- Should the system not feature an Evolution autopilot, then LightHouse 3's Autopilot Controls feature may not be used ... workaround: use the autopilot's control head to command the autopilot into Auto, Track, and Standby modes.
- Axiom MFDs do not feature a video output port ... workaround: use the MFD's Miracast feature to cast the MFD's screen to a SmartTV which as been accessorized with a Miracast dongle.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] SXM Weather for network of eS9x MFD's - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-04-19 10:28 AM