The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ST1 to STNG Converter Fails WIth ST1 Connected
10-07-19, 11:33 AM (This post was last modified: 10-07-19 03:09 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] ST1 to STNG Converter Fails WIth ST1 Connected
I have the E22158 SeaTalk-to-SeaTalkNG converter. I plugged the two blue terminators into the end sockets. I have three ST60 instruments: wind, depth, and speed.

Case 1: I powered the device directly through one of the white STNG sockets with nothing else plugged in. I get a solid green light indicating STNG is healthy and ST1 is not connected.

Case 2: When I plug in any (or all) of the ST60 instruments with the power off and then turn on the power, I get a flashing green light with a 50% duty cycle indicating STNG is connected but not receiving data and ST1 is not connected.

Case 3: When I power up the device first and then plug in the ST60 instruments, I get four seconds of solid green followed by three short blinks indicating STNG is healthy and ST1 has no compatible device detected. The ST60s do power up but don't appear to be seen by the converter.

If instead of powering the device stand-alone, I connect it to an NMEA 2000 network through a STNG-to-N2K cable, the device shows up on the N2K network in Case 1 and Case 3, but no ST60s show up in Case 3.

Why doesn't the device seem to boot up properly when anything ST1 is connected?

Why don't the ST60 instruments show up in Case 3?

Thanks,
-mark
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] ST1 to STNG Converter Fails WIth ST1 Connected - mbowden - 10-07-19 11:33 AM