The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Analogue Wind Display instability with rotation sensor
11-01-19, 07:51 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-19 03:27 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Analogue Wind Display instability with rotation sensor
Dear Raymarine,

my Micronet analogue wind display (T112) flips the wind direction needle 180 degrees frequently, but only when the apparent wind is ahead of the beam. It does so on either tack. This creates havoc with the autopilot in wind vane mode.

My system includes:
T120 wind transmitter (2011 vintage)
T112 analogue wind display (new)
T111 dual digital display (new)
T030 entry-level single digital display (2011 vintage)
T221 mast rotation sensor (new)
T121 hull transmitter (new)
Compass Hull transducer (CHT) (new)
T122 wireless transmitter (new)
(connected to T122) Actisense NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 converter with SeatalkNG adapter (new)
EV-1 solid state gyro (new)
AC-100 autopilot actuator with tiller pilot drive (new)
p70s autopilot control head (new)

The only potential solutions I can think of are:
-reverse CHT 180 degrees and recalibrate.
-renew T120 (expensive, I'd rather not have to do that, especially as I've just replaced the anemometer bearing)

Is it possible that the T112 is flipping between boat heading inputs (between the CHT input and the EV-1 input), possibly because one of them is dropping in and out?

Solutions or at least suggestions would be very welcome. More detail on my setup saga is available in the thread "Rotating mast, Tacktick wireless and EV-100" in the "Autopilots" forum.

Regards,
Nick
F-32 "Amazon"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[TG11] Analogue Wind Display instability with rotation sensor - artemidorus - 11-01-19 07:51 PM