Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] AIS700 do not send position data to DSC VHF
03-24-20, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 03-24-20 11:51 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [LW11] AIS700 do not send position data to DSC VHF
Dear Mystic38,

Before I can fully investigate I need further information and your issue seems different to the ones above.

All of your equipment appears to be connected on STng and not NMEA0183 (NMEA0183 is the issue in the previous post).

Your AIS700 is connected on STng.

Your M506 is receiving GPS data and is connected in STng.

Your M802 is not receiving GPS data but only has NMEA0183, therefore I feel the issue here is not with the AIS700 not outputting GPS data. It could be a wiring issue or a faulty product.

How have you connected the NMEA0183 to STng convertor? Have you got it connected as a spur to one of the white ports on the STng backbone? If so have you put the terminators in? As this will corrupt the data.

On the cable from the convertor you will need to connect the yellow to the negative NMEA in on your M802 and connect the red to the positive NMEA in on your M802.

This should provide GPS data from the STng network. what is the LED indicator displaying on the convertor?

Send a system diagram to support.uk@raymarine.com

Many Thanks
Louise
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [LW11] AIS700 do not send position data to DSC VHF - Louise - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-24-20 11:50 AM