Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with Autopilot
04-29-16, 12:08 PM
Issue with Autopilot
I recently bought an EV-100 Power Autopilot last year and cannot get it to work correctly.
When I set the autopilot, the boat start moving to port and the autopilot is constantly correcting the engine. When I stop using the autopilot, the boat moves on a straight line.
I upgraded the multi function display from a C 80 to the new Es Series and continue to have the same issue.

please advise if you have any suggestions on how to correct this problem
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-16, 08:02 PM
RE: Issue with Autopilot
(04-29-16 12:08 PM)Fcampana Wrote:  I recently bought an EV-100 Power Autopilot last year and cannot get it to work correctly.
When I set the autopilot, the boat start moving to port and the autopilot is constantly correcting the engine. When I stop using the autopilot, the boat moves on a straight line.
I upgraded the multi function display from a C 80 to the new Es Series and continue to have the same issue.

please advise if you have any suggestions on how to correct this problem

First off, make sure EVERYTHING is up to date with software!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-16, 02:48 PM
Thank you "Oregoncme", that is exactly the correct direction, make sure the autopilot software is at the latest levels.

EV-1 - v1.11
p70/R - v2.17
ACU-100 - v1.13

To confirm the software levels, on the p70/R press Menu>Setup>Diagnostics>About System. Each of the above units will come up in the list and once you select they will report the software level.
05-02-16, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-16 08:10 AM by Steve - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(05-02-16 02:48 PM)Steve - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Thank you "Oregoncme", that is exactly the correct direction, make sure the autopilot software is at the latest levels.

EV-1 - v1.11
p70/R - v2.17
ACU-100 - v1.13

To confirm the software levels, on the p70/R press Menu>Setup>Diagnostics>About System. Each of the above units will come up in the list and once you select they will report the software level.

This is Fcampana
The software on both the autopilot and the Chartplotter are up to date.
05-03-16, 08:40 AM
So the operation of the autopilot is when you press AUTO, it doesn't hold the heading on the control head?

What is the Speed Input set at? You can find that by pressing Menu>Setup>Autopilot Calibration>Vessel Settings>Speed Input.

Is this a hydraulic system? What is the drive cylinder make and model of your steering system?
05-06-16, 12:32 PM
(05-03-16 08:40 AM)Steve - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  So the operation of the autopilot is when you press AUTO, it doesn't hold the heading on the control head?

What is the Speed Input set at? You can find that by pressing Menu>Setup>Autopilot Calibration>Vessel Settings>Speed Input.

Is this a hydraulic system? What is the drive cylinder make and model of your steering system?
Thank you for your response Steve.
My autopilot is the Evolution EV 100 and has a hydraulic pump.
You cannot control the spped under the setting, but I have it set under performance. I also changed it to cruising and made no difference.
Let me know.
Regards
05-09-16, 10:26 AM
If you follow the Menu procedure to my previous response, I would need to know what you have set for Speed Input set at. This does not control the speed it designates where the speed data comes from in order to control the rate of turn movement.
05-09-16, 10:48 AM
I understand.
Unfortunatelly I cannot give you the speed since the autopilot does not have this setting.
I will send you pictures for you to see.
05-09-16, 12:23 PM
If you don't see the Speed Input option you would have either the Calibration Lock set to ON or the p70/R doesn't have latest software v2.17. That Speed input setting needs to selected correctly for the autopilot to work properly.
05-10-16, 10:52 AM
(05-09-16 12:23 PM)Steve - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  If you don't see the Speed Input option you would have either the Calibration Lock set to ON or the p70/R doesn't have latest software v2.17. That Speed input setting needs to selected correctly for the autopilot to work properly.

You are correct, the Calibration Lock was On, I changed it and now the speed shows: Automatic.