Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] MFDs rebooting and intermittent GPS
01-27-20, 12:59 AM (This post was last modified: 01-30-20 09:01 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] MFDs rebooting and intermittent GPS
Hi, have a multi view display, (2) system has been working fine for over two yrs. 1 week ago, both displays went blank. about 5 min later they came back on. I have checked all battery connections ground etc. Two days ago same thing happened. After a few minutes it came back on. All systems working ok except the GPS kept beeping (no sig) for about a half hour. I had traveled about 8 mi. Is there anything I can have checked? I have A78 MFD, ES78 Bundle.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-20, 10:48 AM (This post was last modified: 01-30-20 09:01 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] MFDs rebooting and intermittent GPS
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mark,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As inferred therein, the first thing to ensure is that each MFD has been updated with the final LightHouse II software update (i.e. v19.03) and that Sonar Logging feature has been disabled. Regarding the GPS issue, as the system features more than one potential source of GPS data, it then is recommended that you verify that the Data Sources feature (HOME->SET-UP->SYSTEM SETTINGS->DATA SOURCES) has been used to specify the source of GPS data, Datum, and Date & Time. As indicated within the FAQ on this subject, should the MFD which is serving as the system's source of GPS data not have an unobstructed view of the skies overhead or should the mounting surface adversely affect GPS signal reception, then the system may need to be interfaced to an external GPS sensor (ex. Raystar 150 GPS Sensor, etc.), external passive GPS antenna (ex. GA150 GPS Antenna, etc.), or a MFD w/internal GPS sensor which in turn has been installed in a location affording an unobstructed view of the skies overhead.
01-29-20, 11:39 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-20 09:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you so very much. Excellent turn around and very practical and understandable info.
01-30-20, 09:00 AM
You're welcome.