Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom Software Update Fail
12-02-19, 10:16 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-19 02:13 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom Software Update Fail
Greetings,

I first tried to update my Axiom over the internet. Due to slow connectivity in the Caribbean marina I was in I could not update the main (large) MFD but was successful the smaller files over the internet (too bad the system does not allow the file to pick up where connectivity was lost)

So I pulled the unit and tried to update with my micro SD card but the unit could not find any files to update.

I see from Chucks instructions that perhaps not loading the main MFD file first might be a problem.

Any suggestions? I believe that I am following the correct procedures from Chucks instructions to use the micro SD card.

Thanks
cc
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-19, 02:26 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom Software Update Fail
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum

Q. Any suggestions?
A. The most common causes for the reported issue are downloading the software update compressed folder directly the microSD memory card or failing to extract all of the contents of the software update compressed folder to the root level directory of the microSD memory card. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated therein, reformatting the microSD memory card with a NTFS file system may address the reported issue. It is not critical that the software update be performed via the Data Master MFD, but is recommended. When updating an Axiom MFD either via a networked MFD or via WiFi, a microSD card having approximately 2GB of unused memory must be present within the microSD memory card read of any Axiom MFD which will be updated via a networked MFD or via WiFi.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply