Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] M232 - RTSP video out
12-06-19, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-19 04:06 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] M232 - RTSP video out
Hello,

I have a FLIR M232 (Nexus Server v2.5.30.26 S, web. Conf. Version 3.17.0.41*, Software Version: 2.05-16).
I am now trying for days to get a RTSP stream out of the camera (played on VLC player installed on a PC connected on the same LAN as the M232), but without success.
I believe my RTP settings are correct (see attached screenshots), but VLC can’t open the stream rtsp://my_M232_IP-Add:554/test ! ☹

The same menu/setting exists on the FLIR FC-Series cameras, and the documentation provides information about the RTP settings.
But unfortunately the user manual for the M232 does not provide any information about the settings for the menu maintenance>Sensor>Modules>Video.

My first question is therefore, is the M232 able to stream out a RTSP video on the ethernet network?
The specifications (https://www.flir.com/support/products/m2...ifications) says: “H264 IP Video stream”, and in few other places it says that the M232 is supposed to be able to stream out the video.

Thanks,
Sebastien
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-19, 09:14 AM
RE: [LW11] M232 - RTSP video out
Dear Sebastien,

Thank you for your post.

In VLC open the network stream under the media tab. When prompted enter the following into the Network Protocol under Network;

rtsp://IP Address:8554/ir EXAMPLE: rtsp://10.22.0.250:8554/ir

This should then open the video steam.

Many Thanks
Louise
01-14-20, 03:56 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-20 09:06 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Dear Louise,

Thanks a lot ! After making a factory reset of the camera this worked just fine.

But I have now an other related problem: after closing in the browser the web interface of the M232, the camera goes in "parking mode" automatically after around 10 minutes. I would like to continuously stream the rtsp video without having a web browser opened with the camera live stream (http://IPAddress/livevideo).

I didn't mange to find an option to never have the camera go in "parking mode". Is there a way to have the camera not automatically going to "parking mode" ?

Best,
Sebastien
01-22-20, 05:09 AM
Hi Sebasyein,

Thank you for your post.

Can you send a system diagram in to us so we can assist you with your query.

The camera needs a command to keep it awake, therefore a JCU controller would assist.

I look forward to your response.

Many Thanks
Louise