Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] No wind speed on new i60 Wind Instrument
12-09-19, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-19 05:35 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] No wind speed on new i60 Wind Instrument
I recently upgraded my system from ST60 to i50/i60 and i70s instruments. The upgrade included conversion to STng. I kept my original transducers and plugged the into the dedicated wind and depth instruments instead of using a iTC-5. My MFD's are E125 and E97.

Everything appears to be working correctly except on my wind instrument, I receive wind angle but not wind speed (I have 0.00, not dashes so it appears to be communicating).

I took voltage measurements at the instrument and at the base of the mast with the following readouts:

Red = 7.8v should be 8v
Blue = 3.8v range is 2-5.8v
Green = 5.3v range is 2-5.8v
Yellow = .13v range is 0-5 but 5v is typical

All seem to be within range except the red voltage should be 8v and the yellow which is wind speed appears low and does not seem to fluctuate when the wind increases or decreases. Note I had wind speed up until the conversion.

Help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-19, 11:45 AM
RE: [CA11] No wind speed on new i60 Wind Instrument
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum sailaway3662,

As indicated within the FAQ found here, the masthead transducer's yellow and shield leads are used to test the speed sensing circuity of the transducer. Should the voltage not fluctuate as the cups are rotated in the manner specified within the referenced FAQ, then the wind transducer would be deemed to have suffered a failure, necessitating that the wind instrument be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply