Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] LightHouse 3rd Party Apps
04-04-18, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-19 09:15 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] LightHouse 3rd Party Apps
With the new 3.4.66 update on my Axiom 9 I see there are 3 apps already installed; Netflix, Spotify and Theyr. If more companies develop 3rd party apps, where will they be listed and by what method will they be installed? For apps on my iPad I can go to the Apple Store and my Samsung phone has Google Play. Will Raymarine make the apps available on their website or will they be downloaded into the Axiom app page directly from the 3rd party website?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-18, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-19 09:15 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] LightHouse 3rd Party Apps
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Tamrow,

Q1. If more companies develop 3rd party apps, where will they be listed and by what method will they be installed?
A1. At this time, the third party apps are included within the software installed during LightHouse 3 software updates. Accordingly, only those apps which have been tested and approved for use with the MFD will be accessible via the MFD's Apps feature.

A2. Will Raymarine make the apps available on their website or will they be downloaded into the Axiom app page directly from the 3rd party website?
A2. It is unlikely that such apps will be available from third party websites. However, it may be possible in the future have a selection of third party apps posted on Raymarine's website, which in turn may be downloaded and installed within MFD's running LightHouse 3 software. However, at this time, the MFD's apps are limited per the response to Q1. When further information is available about any additional supported apps, this information will be posted on Raymarine's website.
11-27-19, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-19 09:16 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] 3rd Party Apps
I'm sorry to revive this thread after a year, but I had a request for information that fell under the same topic.

I understand we on the owner/user level have the ability to "Install from SD/USB" via the Installed apps page, but is this ability going to be solely limited to .apk files that are posted on the Raymarine website?

Our specific example is with reference to running the .apk for the Disney+ application. Would I have a way being an NMEA Installer certificate holder to request permission for a one-time installer security bypass to complete a field install of this application? I'm getting a little creative here, but I am willing to register with Raymarine as a beta-tester if that could be a method to clear some of the administrative red-tape.

Thank You for your time.
Cory G.
11-28-19, 09:22 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-19 09:22 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Cory,

Q1. is this ability going to be solely limited to .apk files that are posted on the Raymarine website?
A1. At the time of this response, this is indeed the case. Your comments have been noted and a feature request will be logged accordingly to consider expanding such installations to include user selected apps.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.

Q2. Would I have a way being an NMEA Installer certificate holder to request permission for a one-time installer security bypass to complete a field install of this application?
A2. Unfortunately, this cannot be supported.
11-29-19, 02:10 PM
Thank you for the reply Chuck. I figured it couldn’t hurt to ask.
11-29-19, 07:51 PM
You're welcome.