Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] e120w sky view drops out after 30 seconds
12-13-19, 06:57 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-19 02:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] e120w sky view drops out after 30 seconds
Hi,
I've recently picked up a used e120w and have connected a generic NMEA0183 gps antenna directly to the data wires in the power cable.
The unit starts up fine, picks up a satellite fix and the satellites are displayed on sky view page.
After about 30 seconds the satellites all disappear from the screen however the unit is still showing a fix.
If I disconnect one or both of the NMEA wires, the fix is lost and after a few seconds the lost fix alarm comes up on the screen.
Immediately I restore connection between the NMEA wires, the sky view shows all the satellites again, but drops out after around 30 seconds again.
Any ideas what's going on here?
Thanks
Mark
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-19, 02:27 PM
RE: [CA11] e120w sky view drops out after 30 seconds
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mark,

Unfortunately, this problem has not been previously reported to our support team. I would recommend that you begin troubleshooting the problem by verifying that the MFD has been updated with v2.65 E-Series Widescreen MFD software and if found to be running an earlier version of software, then the MFD's software should be updated and the system tested afterward. Should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that the MFD's NMEA 0183 diagnostics feature be used to capture ten seconds of data to a CF memory card after the problem is observed. The saved NMEA 0183 log may then be attached to this thread for further analysis.
12-27-19, 02:37 AM
Thanks for your response Chuck.
I've verified the latest version of software is currently loaded, so the first check is done. I'll try to record a sequence using the diagnostic tool as you suggest.
Thanks
12-27-19, 10:14 AM
Noted.