Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom12 not reading CMap 4D
12-16-19, 02:35 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-19 03:51 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom12 not reading CMap 4D
I am running a new to me Axiom 12 RV (sw version 3.8.105). The previous owner used a Navionics card which had expired.

I updated my own CMap card to a 4D, and put the SD into the Unit. I selected the card, and it does not bring up the chart as I would expect.

The folder structure of the card has a Chart folder, and I am wondering if the contents should be out of that folder? It is the .LIC and .MRC files.

Am I missing something simple?

The boat has 35 hours total, I think I would be well served by doing a factory reset. Is there any data, or info I would want to save from the prior installation?

Thanks for any assistance offered.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-19, 04:02 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom12 not reading CMap 4D
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum paterbil,

Please note that the MFD's software is significantly out of date and it is recommended that it be updated with latest available Raymarine product software update (v3.11.42 at the time of this response) and the a Power On Factory Reset be performed following the software update. After doing so, the C-Map chart card should be re-inserted into the MFD's memory card reader and the MFD's Chart application page should then be opened. After doing so, Cartography tab of the Chart Settings dialog should be displayed. Alongside the C-Map option listed, you should find detailed information concerning the cartography stored on the C-Map chart card and the expiration date of the C-Map subscription. Should this information not be observed, then the update performed to the C-Map chart card was flawed. It would be recommend that the C-Map chart card's contents be updated once more and then tested with the MFD. Should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that [url= http://lightmarine.c-map.com/]C-Map Recreational Marine (800.424.2627)[/url] be contacted for further guidance and to possibly have them test your C-Map chart card. Should the detailed information described above be seen, then the C-Map chart listed should be selected from within the Cartography tab of Chart Settings dialog.
12-17-19, 09:37 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-19 10:04 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you, sir, for the succinct and prompt reply. I will respond further after following the steps outlined. Regards
12-18-19, 10:04 AM
You're welcome.