Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Changing your map Card
12-18-19, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 12-19-19 10:46 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Wink [CA11] Changing your map Card
I just got a new Navionics map card (the one I should have had did not come with the Axiom 9). The card is only 8 GB and since I have been using Navionics since the early days, it does not have any extra space for upgrades and loading my routes from my IOS devices. I bought a new 128GB card, but don't know how to move everything from the update sim to it and authorize it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-19, 10:56 AM
RE: [CA11] Changing your map Card
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Owen,

While Navionics (508-291-6000) should be able to provide more complete information on this subject, Navionics cartography, as well as that from most producers of electronic cartography is copyrighted and encrypted. In this case, the encryption employed by Navionics locks the cartography to use with the Navionics microSD memory card that has been purchased.

Navionics NAV+ chart cards sold within the US are typically pre-populated with all of the coastal cartography for the US and Canada as well a large sampling of the lakes and rivers within these countries. Navionics chart cards include free Freshest Data updates for the first year of ownership using the Navionics Chart Installer application. If simply seeking to make room on the chart card for additional data, you may want to use the Erase feature of the Chart Installer applications to erase all chart data stored on the Navionics NAV+ chart card and then use the Chart installer's boxing tool to only populate the chart card with cartography for the geographic region (ex. US Northeast, US Midlantic, etc.) where the vessel will be operated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply