Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Replacing a c97 with Axiom 9 RV - which adapter for DV transducer?
12-19-19, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 12-20-19 03:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Replacing a c97 with Axiom 9 RV - which adapter for DV transducer?
Hi!

I'm wanting to replace a C97 MFD that is connected to a 7-pin transducer cable with an AXIOM 9 RV. Sometime in the future I will install an RV transducer but for now I need an adapter to convert from the 25-pin AXIOM to the existing 7-pin plug coming from the existing DV transducer.

My problem is that I cannot figure out from the product descriptions whether my existing DV transducer terminates at a "7-pin embedded" connector (adapter #a80488) or the "7-pin CP370" connector (adapter #a80489).

Which adapter do I need?

Help
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-19, 03:21 PM
RE: [CA11] Replacing a c97 with Axiom 9 RV - which adapter for DV transducer?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum SloMotion,

Should the transducer have been directly (i.e. no adapter used) mated to the c97 MFD's Transducer socket, then it would not be a DownVision (DV) transducer ... it would be an A-Series 50kHz/200kHz conical fishfinder transducer. The A80488 is offered to adapt A-Series 50kHz/200kHz conical fishfinder transducers for use with Axiom RV MFDs. Should you respond with a photo of the information print on the transducer's identification tag (attached to the plug end of the transducer's cable), then I may be able to positively identify the transducer which is presently installed onboard.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply