Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom pro 12 Transducer
12-31-19, 08:10 AM (This post was last modified: 12-31-19 11:36 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom pro 12 Transducer
Happy New Year!
I just purchased a Axiom pro 12 E70482 and I currently have a Airmar R99 in hull transducer used with my old e120.
Is the R99 compatible with the Axiom? I would like to use it until I can pull the boat and install a new Chirp transducer.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-19, 11:43 AM
RE: [CA11] Axiom pro 12 Transducer
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum whadapair,

E70482 is the part number for an Axiom Pro S 12 MFD. The transducer socket of this MFD is exclusively designed to be mated to one of Raymarine's CPT-S transducers. However, it is possible to interface the R99 transducer (which presumably had been interfaced to a DSM300) to an E70297 CP370 1kW 50kHz/200kHz Fishfinder Sounder Module, which in turn may be interfaced to the Axiom Pro S 12 MFD via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.
01-01-20, 08:27 AM
Just to Clarify, The Axiom Pro I purchase has built in Single Channel High CHIRP. If I purchase a CPT-S transducer, I will not need a module.

Thanks
01-02-20, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-20 09:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
whadapair,

Indeed, it is possible to directly interface a CPT-S transducer to the an Axiom Pro S MFD's Transducer socket. However, the performance and maximum depth supported by a CPT-S transducer is well below that of the R99 and CP370 Fishfinder Sounder Module. Please additionally note that the DSM30/300 fishfinder sounder modules are not officially supported for use with Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL systems. Specifically, these system have not been specifically designed for use with nor officially tested with DSMs. However, anecdotal feedback from customers has indicated no issues thus far in using an operational DSM30/300 with Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL systems. Accordingly, should your DSM300 be operational, then you might want to try it out with the new Axiom system before replacing it with a CP370 fishfinder sounder module. Should there be any sign of issue with the DSM30, then the DSM30 and its Power Cable should be replaced with a CP370 and its Power Cable. When interfaced to these sounder modules and a compatible 50kHz/200kHz transducer, then the Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD will support 50kHz sonar imaging and 200kHz sonar imaging within the MFD's Fishfinder application. A DSM300 may be interfaced to an Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD or HS5 RayNet Network Switch via a cable assembly constructed from an A80272 RayNet (M) to SeaTalkhs (M) Adapter an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.