Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Depth Overlay Not Displaying
12-31-19, 11:56 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-20 08:36 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Depth Overlay Not Displaying
I had two Axiom MFDs, 4 i70's and 2 i60s all working fine. I had the depth overlay on the chart display. I replaced the i60s with i70s and installed an ITC-5 to connect the wind, speed and depth to the network. I am running LightHouse version 3.7.7.

Since installing the ITC-5 the depth overlay display on the chart is not displaying any value. I just get blanks ( -.- ) . The depth displays correctly on the i70s so I believe the wiring to the ITC-5 is correct. The only place the depth is not properly displaying is the MFD chart overlay (neither MFD overlay display is working). I deleted and re-added the depth overlay but that did not resolve the issue.

Any suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-20, 12:20 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-20 08:36 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Depth Overlay Not Displaying
Hello L-U,

It sounds to me as if you have a stale manual data-source selection (the older instruments manually selected). If you go to Home > Settings > Network > Data Sources on your Master Axiom (if you don't see Data Sources, the other Axiom must be the Master so try there instead) and set the Depth data source back to Auto. If need be, toggle Auto > Manual > Auto again in order to make sure that everything in the system is using the same automatic selection. I'm confident this will solve the problem.

Data Source selection can be useful for solving certain specific problems (e.g. more than one GPS in the system and the wrong one being used), but generally speaking you don't need to do source selection and the default Auto works best.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
01-14-20, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-20 08:37 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Wink RE: [TG11] Depth Overlay Not Displaying
Excellent advice. Worked perfectly. Thank you for your help.