Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EV-200 turns to port
06-04-16, 05:57 PM
EV-200 turns to port
My EV-200 was installed on my 270 Amberjack last year. In general, it works very nicely and I use it mainly for trolling for trout and salmon. When I am trolling in "standby", and decide I want to continue in the same direction I am headed, I press "auto". The boat then turns slowly to port about 20 degrees and works its way back to the desired heading and holds there. What causes this, and how do I correct it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-16, 01:00 PM
RE: EV-200 turns to port
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum landingzone,

Have you installed a rudder reference transducer with your autopilot? If so, when you turn the wheel, does the rudder bar displayed on the autopilot's control head indicate the correct direction and angle of the outboard/outdrive's thrust?

What versions of software are installed within the autopilot's control head, EV-1 Sensor Core, and ACU-200?
06-21-16, 08:48 AM
S/W vintages are:
ACU 200 V1.10
EVI Sensor Core V1.11
P70R version 2.12
Rudder reference is installed and dash unit indicates correct direction.
06-21-16, 11:01 AM
landingzone,

Early versions of Evolution autopilot software were quite sensitive to having very good speed through water data. The software within your Evolution autopilot ACU, EV-1, and p70R are very old and in need of updating. The software within these products is designed to be updated via any of the MFD's listed on the Evolution ACU, EV-1 Sensor Core, and p70R product software update web pages respectively. Alternatively, the software may be updated by a Certified Raymarine Installer or Raymarine’s Product Repair Center.
06-21-16, 02:33 PM
I don't have a MFD connected or own one yet. I guess I will have to have it updated by an authorized representative. I don't want to remove it from the boat but I not sure I can arrange otherwise. Unit was only purchased about 18 mo. ago. Strange the S/W is so old.
06-21-16, 03:57 PM
Noted.