Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] C-map4d
01-05-20, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-20 09:46 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] C-map4d
I just bought camp 4d and none of the features are working
I have axiom pro with the latest updates.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-20, 10:00 AM
RE: [CA11] C-map4d
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Striker,

I have tested a C-Map 4D chart card within my system (which is also running LightHouse 3 v3.4.11) and have been unable to identify any issues with use of the C-Map chart card. It is recommended that within the Cartography tab of the Chart settings dialog that you verify that:
- the C-Map 4D: Navigational Chart option has been selected
- the C-Map 4D: Navigational Chart option's description field also contains detailed information concerning the geographic area of coverage and additionally specifies when the cartography was last updated.

Note: Many features supported by C-Map 4D vector charts (i.e. Navigational Chart option) are not applicable to C-Map 4D raster charts.
01-07-20, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-20 04:28 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I see the charts for cmap(both navigational and raster)the contours on them are not high bathemitry and there is no 3D view button . To view charts in 3D view on either chart. Am i doing something wrong
01-07-20, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-20 04:47 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Striker,

Q1. not high bathemitry
A1. Please verify that you have selected the selected the the C-Map 4D: Navigational Chart option from Cartography tab within the Chart application's Settings dialog. After doing so, select the FISHING CHART option from the bottom of the Chart application's menu.

Q2. there is no 3D view button
A2. Per the Feature Differences section of Appendix E: LightHouse 3 on eS and gS-Series of theLightHouse 3.11 Advanced Operation Instructions, LightHouse II R19 (ran on a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs) software supported 3D Chart Mod ... however, LightHouse 3 software (runs on eS/gS-Series MFDs (through v3.11) and Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs) does not support support 3D Chart mode. While I am aware of promotional videos showing MFDs running LightHouse II software which demonstrate 3D Chart mode, I am aware of no such promotional video or materials showing MFDs running LightHouse 3 software which demonstrate 3D Chart mode. Please be aware that LightHouse 3 software does support RealVision 3D sonar imaging (a fishfinder feature) when the system has been properly interfaced to a RealVision 3D sonar transducer(s). A feature request has been logged to consider 3D Chart mode within a future LightHouse 3 software update for Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs.

Please click here for more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
01-08-20, 07:14 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-20 08:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
When i click on high bathemitry it doesn’t change nothing.
01-08-20, 08:54 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-20 08:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Striker,

Q. When i click on high bathemitry it doesn’t change nothing.
A. As the high definition bathymetry is a vector layer, high definition bathymetry cannot be displayed when the CMAP 4D Raster Charts has been selected from within the Cartography tab of the Chart application Settings dialog. While I hadn't directed that you click on anything titled "high bathemitry", I had indicated that the C-Map 4D chart card's high definition bathymetry may be displayed by first selecting selecting the C-Map 4D: Navigational Chart option from Cartography tab within the Chart application's Settings dialog (MENU->SETTINGS->CARTOGRAPHY->CMAP 4D: NAVIGATIONAL CHART). After doing so, the Chart application's Settings dialog may be closed and the Chart application's menu may be displayed by selecting MENU. After clicking on the FISHING CHART option located the bottom of the Chart application's menu (just above the Settings option) the Chart application will display the high definition bathymetric curves. The example screen snapshots below were taken from my Axiom MFD this morning. The first screen snapshot is shows the cartography detail and bathymetics displayed when the Detailed (mode to be chosen one is typically navigating from location to location) option has been selected from the Chart application's menu:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3973]

The second screen snapshot is shows the cartography detail and bathymetics displayed when the Fishing Charts (mode to be chosen one is seeking bottom contour suited to holding fish) option has been selected from the Chart application's menu:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3974]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-09-20, 07:33 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-20 09:15 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Well i sent c-map back due to not getting all info i was looking for. I like the navionics mapping system better.

So far i am well satisfied with my axiom pro units!!
01-09-20, 09:15 AM
You're welcome.